January 29, 2009

Scheduling when I pee

I never thought I’d be planning when I go to the bathroom. Is this even possible??

My OPKs (Ovulation Predictor Strips) arrived yesterday. I don’t really know the in’s and out’s of using these, so I’ve been doing some reading today. Apparently, there’s a right and wrong way to use OPKs, so if I want to get the most out of these, I must read up!

Here are some interesting points I have found:

- Since my cycle (last cycle) was 31 days, I should start testing on CD14. Seems a little late to me, so I may start on CD12 or CD13. We’ll call it “Practice”.
- I should not pee first thing in the morning as “LH is synthesized in your body early in the morning.” The best time to test is between 10 am – 8 pm. And it’s best to test around the same times everyday.
- I should reduce liquid intake 2 hours before testing to avoid diluting my urine.
- I must wait 10 minutes to read the result.

I feel like I’m trying to figure out a math problem. Would I be totally OCD and anal if I kept track of how many ounces of liquid I was drinking vs. my pee times?!?! Because I have no idea how often I pee during the day. Oh boy, this is going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Iknow I hate OPK...you know what I use? Oh shoot i forgot what its called but its a salva tests and totally works reusable so your spend 25 bucks once and use it for life...its so easy...you just check your drived saliva for ferns and ferns means your ovulating...you should totally try it much easier than opk and figuringout which line is darker than the next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This website is a great resource for any questions you might have about OPK's: www.peeonastick.com
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete