January 24, 2009

Onto Clomid Cycle #2

My temp dropped this morning and as expected AF arrived today. Boo!

According to my chart, I O'd on CD18. We BD'd everyday CD 15 - 20, except for ONE day. Guess what day it was?!? Yup, CD18!

I'm hopeful for this next cycle. Since this cycle was my first to finally O in a year, I was entering into our first cycle blindly. I didn't know when I would O'd. I didn't know how long my LP would be... nothing. So with our next cycle I'll have something to compare it to.

I'm going to start using OPKs (Ovulation Predictor Kits), or in my case OPSs (Ovulation Predictor Strips), to see if we can pinpoint when I'll O this cycle.

I'm unsure if I'll be monitored this cycle, due to crappy insurance reasons. I won't bore you with the details. I'm optimistic it won't "hurt" us as I really don't feel the HCG trigger helped us O anyways this cycle. I just won't know how many follicles I have and their size.

I'm extremely bummed our first clomid cycle ended in a BFN, but I'm also extremly overjoyed that after one year, finally, I had somewhat of a "normal" cycle. I ovulated around the normal time and AF arrived on her own.

2 comments:

  1. Im really sorry that AF came but I am thinking tons of good thoughts for you on this new cycle, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry AF showed up but yay for a "normal" cycle! I think the OPKs will help you a lot.

    ReplyDelete