January 10, 2009

3 days later… FINALLY the thigh stabbing can begin

These last 3 days have been quite a roller coaster. My temp increased on CD16, so I was thinking I may have ovulated. Then I heard from the local pharmacy and was told the Ovidrel (HCG) was not covered by my insurance and it was going to cost me $100 out of pocket. We had been told by our dr that we should expect a $60 expense for the shot. I’ll admit, I guess I’m cheap because I wanted to drop this shot altogether, because at this point, I didn’t even know if I’d O on the Clomid alone.

Well then I got this wonderful pharmacy recommendation from one of my fellow message board buddies – FFP (Freedom Fertility Pharmacy). I had never heard of this wonderful Pharmacy, but they offer the Ovidrel for only $44!! And that’s including overnight FedEx shipping!! So after leaving a message for my dr and contacting FFP 2 or 3 times, it was finally shipped out yesterday and arrived to my door this morning!

Now I must worry or stress about something - I’m thinking we were too late with the trigger AND I may have wasted it by stabbing my thigh instead of my belly fat.

The instructions directed a SB (subcutaneous) injection – in your belly fat. But my dr told me to inject IM (intramuscular), so I did as I was directed. I stabbed my thigh. It didn’t hurt one bit!! So I look closely at the syringe and it says “For Subcutaneous Injection”. UGH!!!! So did I just waste it by stabbing my thigh??!! UGH UGH UGH. I’ve heard that the IM injections hurt the most and this didn’t hurt at all, not even a pinch.

So now I’m thinking I wasted it. No signs of O’ing on my own, so now I’m convinced I’ll need the HCG trigger each cycle to actually O, but will I O this cycle with the HCG (if I didn’t waste it) or will I be cornered again with Provera.

And to think, a couple of blog posts ago, I was content ..... It’s so frustrating.

Update: I called the Ovidrel people and they said I shouldn't worry. It will still work! Yahoooooo!!! Crossing my fingers they are right.


3 comments:

  1. We get out happy little shot on the 12th! Its weird h ow they dont hurt ( mine do hurt after though like someone punched me in the injection site or something!) But yeah we pay 60$ for it...I'm going to check out the place you got it from though!

    Good luck to you this month! Thanks for the comment and fellow blog partner!

    http://www.wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow $100! I'm glad you found that website!

    Crossing my fingers for ya for a big fat O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Wanted to let you know I got to my pharmacy to get my HCG trigger shot and they said the same thing- not covered and $100. (only covered thru mail order pharmacy) Well they gave me a 25% discount and I paid $75. And I called my insurance and they are going to reimburse me. So call your insurance and see if they cover by mail order pharmacy and then tell them you needed it that day. Maybe they'll reimburse you like mine is going to for me.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete