November 6, 2008

A meet Infertility, Infertility meet A

That’s a word I never thought I’d encounter. My mother had no problem getting pregnant. As far as I know, neither did my sisters. Both have two kids each. The reality though is that they were finished having kids by my current age, so it’s difficult to compare.

“Infertility is the failure of a couple to conceive after trying to do so for at least one full year.” ...from answers.com

Again, there’s the word “trying”. It’s hard to admit that I may be dealing with infertility. However, it’s the reality when I look back at my chart for the past 11 months and I see no clear temp shift (indicates ovulation) – not once.

TMI (too much information) warning.... I started to experience irregular bleeding. Spotting and heavy bleeding at the most intimate of times. I wasn't even sure if my last two periods were indeed periods, because they were so light and only 1 -3 days in length. I knew something had to be wrong. So we went to the dr with my laundry list of issues. First and foremost, they did my well women exam and pap smear. Everything was good. BW (blood work) was done. All good except a slightly high blood sugar. I was given Prometrium (most natural form of Progesterone, according to the dr) and took it for 10 days. This would allow AF to arrive and then with the next cycle we would start Clomid (to induce ovulation).

After 10 days, AF must have been visiting someone else, because she never showed up to the party. I was then ordered to take another 10 days. Again, she was on vacation at the beach, because she still hasn’t showed up as of today. I’m currently on CD (cycle day) 102 and waiting on a phone call from my drs office to see what’s next.

I don’t have health insurance right now, so office visits, blood work, and ultrasounds can be expensive, so I’m hoping they’ll work with me on the cost. I have a visit at a new office scheduled in early December. I’ll be able to get a second opinion and hopefully I’ll like this new office better than my current horrible one.

So here we are, charting and waiting for something to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment