Honestly, I totally forgot about this and it's probably because I had mostly discarded this option entirely. I didn't think I would consider this again - participating in the other research study.
After I submitted my initial blood work, I knew receiving my official acceptance into this study wouldn't arrive for another 6 or 7 weeks. It finally did arrive and I was officially acceptable and invited to participate.
This study doesn't involve TTC. The main objective is ovulation when combined with an investigational drug and weight loss. And the total amount of time involved is SIX months!
I have been doing a lot of thinking the last 24 hours and I've decided to add an Option 4. I'm very surprised that I'm considering this, but here's my thinking:
- I was leaning toward Option 3 (losing a considerable amount of weight) to see how my cycles would respond. Even if I couldn't restore ovulation after weight loss, perhaps, inexpensive treatments, like Clomid, would work for me (unlike now). Option 3 could take a while. I'm not a good dieter. It could very well take me 4-6 months. Not to mention allowing my cycle time to respond to the weight loss... so why not add Option 4?
- With Option 4, I'll be working with a nutritionist and put on a strict diet. I'm positive I will lose weight. Personally, I'll be disciplined and I predict I'll stick to it more so than if I were doing it on my own - especially during the holidays!
- If I were to chose any 6 months during the next year, I'd choose now! DH is applying to universities at the end of the year. Chances are we'll be moving again next Summer. All things involved (money, time, packing, traveling by plane/car/uhaul, possibly being PG, and more money), again, I'd choose now.
If I were to discard this option due to being unable to TTC, I'd be acting selfishly. My RE has told me that I'm perfectly "PCOS". I should be more than honored to contribute to studying and treating this Syndrome. As of today, there is NO cure for PCOS. There are only drugs to help manage the symptoms associated with PCOS.
Option 4 added.
Back in Prague - Ok a quick recap: We ended up with 5 frozen embryos! Hazel and I travelled to Prague and stayed in London a for a few days with Jessica. Once we arrived in...
3 days ago