December 17, 2008

My Sonogram

I went in yesterday to have my sonogram. I was a little nervous and worried about what she’d find. While I was waiting in the waiting room, I saw the NP leave the office, so I knew I wouldn’t get to speak with her today. I was a little bummed about that since I still had not heard back on my b/w results.

Sonogram showed a very thick lining, which is normal for me since I haven’t had a period in 140+ days. She found lots of little follicles on the outer edges of both of my ovaries. The sonographer said that was common in PCOS’ers. She also found a large follicle, about 1 cm in diameter, on my left side ovary (where I’ve been having all of the pain/feelings). She said that was good. It appeared like it was trying to release and for whatever reason it has not. She said anything 1 cm and less they consider a follicle. Anything larger than 1 cm, they consider an ovulatory cyst. According to some reading I've done today, I've found that a follice larger than 1 cm (10 mm) is actually good, if not better. Anyone know?

This is not my ovary, but it’s very similar to what I saw, except I had one follicle that was about twice as big as all of these follicles that you see (on my left side only).

I spoke with the NP today and she said she agreed with everything the sonographer communicated, but she wasn’t too worried about the possibility of the PCOS. To me it seemed like I was on the border. My b/w results still haven’t come back and the NP said that she ordered a lot of tests (interesting, I didn’t know that).

I’m on day 2 of 5 of the Provera to induce my period. From what I’ve read, AF should show 3 – 7 days after the last pill. If AF arrives, I’ll finally get what I asked for for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment