April 1, 2011

Thoughts to my fellow infertiles...

I've entered the home stretch - less than 8 weeks left. I'm about to enter a new chapter in my life. My life will forever be changed, and still, I feel like I'm leaving someone behind.

I have been given the greatest gift. Why me and not so many others that want the gift?

My journey was 3 years long. I didn’t intend for it to be so long, but God knew what was best for DH and I, and He knows what’s best for all of you too! It’s hard to WAIT, period. It's also so hard to wait for the truth - to finally face and listen to the truth when the truth doesn’t just come out and scream at you. He may make you wait longer than 3 years, but you’ll understand the “why” when it’s finally your time.

I feel like I’ve left you all behind - left you in that evil hell of infertility. I don’t wish IF on anyone, but I do believe it has made us all better mothers. We have longed for this with deep intense passion. With that passion, we will love and care for our children with every ounce of our being. We waited countless days for answers - sometimes answers we never received. Thus, we have been taught patience.

As I welcome this baby into the world, I will always be an infertile. My heart will always wear that label. I will never forget my journey. I will never forget or leave behind those who are still enduring their IF journeys. I will think and pray for you all often! This isn't goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. I understand everything you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) I'm new to your blog, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I'm going through IVF right now and sometimes I wonder "why". I'm trying to give it up to God to do what he knows is best. Congratulations on the upcoming baby. And thank you for the prayers for us still holding out hope!

    ReplyDelete