July 29, 2009

Waiting

I haven't heard back from the study coordinator in Chicago. I hope this isn't a bad sign. On Monday when I followed up with her she said she was still trying to find a lab in my area that would perform (and pay!) for all of the lab work and testing necessary. It's Wednesday and I still haven't heard from her. Eeck. I'm trying to be patient.

I think this all works out though, because my evaluation for the local research study isn't until August 11th. I received the consent form for this study this week in the mail and have been trying to read it a little bit at a time. It's 14 pages!! So far it's been really informative and quite interesting actually.

I'm still wavering back and forth on which study I'd prefer to participate in. If I have the choice, I have a very hard decision to make. Here are a few thoughts that have been running through my head...

"If I choose the Chicago study, I'd potentially be able to lose a lot of weight. This can only benefit me when TTC after the study (which is 6 months). My PCOS symptoms may improve. Heck, maybe ovulation would occur on it's own. I dunno. Either way, I'd be a healthier happier PG women if I could drop another 30 pounds or so..."

"The local research study is quick easy $$$. $500 for 30 days vs. $725 for 180 days. I hate to think of the $$$, but honestly it's a crucial detail."

No comments:

Post a Comment