March 21, 2011

I had my first "Oh Shit!" moment yesterday.

Maybe it finally hit me??

Our baby shower back home was this weekend! We were so excited to see everyone who was planning to be there! I was so overwhelmed by the "attention" and the "showering" of graciousness, that I completely forgot to take individual pictures with some of my long time friends who attended. :( I don't think I forgot to say "Thank You" though! I must of said it to each person 3-5 times, because I meant it!!

DH and I don't come from the most wealthiest of families. None of us were born with silver spoons in our mouths. We all work very hard to support our families, most without formal educations. So when the gift table was completely full and the floor below it as well, I was soooooooo overwhelmed with emotion. Everyone who surrounds me, family and friends, were there giving gifts to us and our baby. I've been given so much already and now I'm being given MORE!? Wow. How will I ever repay these people?

Thankfully, we weren't able to come home with everything. My in-laws will bring the rest of the gifts up to Fort Worth when they come to our local baby shower in a couple of weeks.

So last night after we got home I went through all of the babies things that we were able to bring back with us...got it all organized and ready for washing or put away... and it hit me. I looked around the nursery. The shelves are full, and I'm running out of room in her closet. I started to think of other ways to create more shelving or storage space. I said to myself "Oh Shit! We're really having a baby!" So I guess it finally hit me.

I expected the preparation for this baby to be so difficult for us. We don't have a lot of extra money to spend on baby things. That's just all there is to it. I expected to be shopping at garage sales and other used/consignment shops for items. I can't believe we're 'almost' set and it's been so easy... and FUN!

And I'm having another "Oh Shit." moment.... I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow..... oh shit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment