March 4, 2011

Dear Gestational Diabetes, I kicked your A%$!!

Wahooooooo!!! I'm so thankful to be able to say this... I PASSED MY ONE HOUR GLUCOSE!!

With my insulin resistance, I was certain that I'd fail my 1-hr glucose and have to
take the 3-hour. I guess this Metformin stuff really works!! :)

So how did I do it?

Well, I give total credit to the Metformin and my body.

Some doctors require fasting, but my doctor actually said it was ok for me to eat before. They advised that it wouldn't be smart for me to eat a carb and/or sugar filled meal though. I contemplated fasting after midnight and taking the test first thing in the morning; however, when a friend told me that with our IR our bodies may actually hold onto the sugars in the orange drink MORE because of the "fasting", I totally rethought that decision.

So, at about 8:00 am, I ate a breakfast consisting of 2 eggs, a yogurt, and a glass of milk. I drank the orange drink at about 9:30 am.

My test result gave me an 85. Abnormal is 141. My result wasn't even slightly high! ...maybe the Metformin is working too much!

So so, thankful!

This pregnancy has been so wonderful to me. Now, I can't help but to think... what will/can go wrong? Maybe a difficult delivery? Maybe a c-section? Maybe she won't latch on? Maybe my milk won't come in?

No comments:

Post a Comment