March 30, 2009

My new drug of choice

I watch Dr. Phil. Yes, I’m embarrassed to admit it. But some of his shows are so juicy and entertaining!! I’m even more embarrassed to say that I actually DVR it and watch it at a later time. :) I usually only watch the good drama filled shows and delete some of his other boring general information filled shows. A few weeks ago, I decided to actually watch one of these pre-determined boring episodes. I thought MAYBE I could benefit from it. The show was all about money saving tips!!

There were two intriguing elements he shared on this show. The first was The Frugal Coupon Mom. She shared so many money savings tips and I’ve been reading her site almost everyday! He also had the Economides family (America’s Cheapest Family) on this show. Yes, their name resembles the word “economy”! Although, I don’t think I would ever be able to live as frugal as this family; however, they were super inspiring and I would love to read their book!

As a result of this episode, I have a new addiction – coupons. What has gotten into me? I’m not complaining, because I am actually saving money, but I’ve taken it a few steps further. I MUST have a coupon before I buy anything now!! True Story – On Friday, I needed to go buy some office supplies. My shopping list included my new coupon organizer! I was planning on going to Office Depot, but ended up going to a Staples. Before I left the house, I googled “Staples Printable Coupon”. I didn’t find anything useful, but I did find an Office Max printable coupon. I asked myself, “Hmmmmm, I wonder if they’ll take a competitors coupon?” So I printed it and off I went! Did they accept the coupon – yup!! I SAVED $10 on my $20 purchase! Yahoooo!!!

Then on Saturday I wanted to go to JcPenney to buy a new handbag. Yes, this was a want, but really it was turning into a need. I typically buy a purse every six months, when the seasons change from warm and cold (Light colored vs. Dark colored). The main reason I wanted a new purse is because I wanted a bigger purse so that I could fit my new coupon holder in it!!!! I must have my coupons with me at all times!!! :) I ended up finding a 15% coupon online and saved $4 on a $25 purse!

If my coupon clipping turns into a habit, I’ll continue to share some of my finds with you!

Here are the ones I used this weekend: Buy One, Get One Free Coke Product, JCPenney, and OfficeMax (Used at Staples!).

No comments:

Post a Comment