November 7, 2008

Trying to try.......naturally.

When my doctor first prescribed Clomid I was extremely discouraged. I’ve read about Clomid and the fact that a drug will “over-stimulate” the ovaries, just doesn’t sound natural to me. I didn’t want to make my body do anything it wasn’t designed to do naturally.

I obviously have a hormone imbalance. After stopping BC, some women’s cycles do not regulate for 6 months. I took BC for nearly 10 years. That’s a long time!

After many hours of continuous research on my symptoms, I suspect I am estrogen dominant and could have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I was also researching different herbs and other natural alternatives to prescription drugs. I came across a lot of very interesting and what seemed to be promising information. I’ve been taking an herb called Vitex (also known as Chasteberry). I won’t bore you with the details, but in summary it regulates your hormones. You can read more about it here if you feel inclined.

Sometimes Vitex can take 3 – 6 months to build up in your system and experience results. I’ve been taking it for 3 months now. I’m optimistic it will work for me, but waiting for something to happen is very hard to do.

I’ve also been eating better, exercising and trying to lose weight. Being overweight could cause a hormone imbalance as well. It can also cause many many high risks during pregnancy. At my heaviest I was 205. At this time I’m down to 185. Trying so so hard to get down to 145!

No comments:

Post a Comment